Vinyl Liner Pools Pros and Cons
- Low initial cost: Vinyl Liner Pools have the lowest initial cost of any type of inground pools.
- Customizable shape and size: There are no limitations of the length, width, and depth of Vinyl Liner Pools.
- Vinyl liner pools are nonabrasive: The vinyl liner material is smooth to the touch.
- Doesn’t foster algae: The vinyl material used in vinyl liner pools is also relatively non-porous so it inhibits algae growth.
- Higher lifetime cost: On average a vinyl liner will need to be replaced 7 and 15 years.
- Have to use pool with care: Dogs, kids throwing stuff in the pool, tree limbs, etc. are all concerns. When a line is punctured it will have to be patched or replaced.
Selecting the proper shape and size pool is crucial. It’s important to choose a shape that compliments your backyard/landscape, while selecting water depths that suit your needs. Select a shape that compliments your imagination and then choose a style to see pictures of installed pool designs of that type.